Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Triple Bypass 2011 - For Those Who Dare

...And now I know why the motto is "For Those Who Dare"...

Triple Bypass Bike Ride.  120 miles, touring from Evergreen, Colorado to Avon, Colorado.  10,000 feet of elevation gain.  Yes, my quads would concur with that today!

3 mountain passes--Squaw Pass, Loveland Pass, and Vail Pass.  (and let me tell you, the miles between the passes are not just time to toodle around on the beach cruiser, either)

Jeremy and I started at 5am--yes, still dark, and yes, pretty chilly. 


We never got rained on--in fact, I appreciated the overcast skies for most of the day.  The tan lines across my uppers arms could be much worse :) 

Let's just say at the subsequent aid stations, a photo was the last thing on my mind.  But, once across the finish line, some ELEVEN hours late, I remembered the photo. 


And while it's no gold medal, I'm proud to have finished that sucker.

2 comments: