Sunday, June 19, 2011

Footloose

I'm too old for sleepovers.

But we had one anyway.  Kim and I hosted a sleepover for my volleyball team we call Footloose. 

I was so ready for a pool day.  So pool day, bbq, sleepover, and a great playlist for the day....perfect. 

 We made it to the pool. 
After, literally 10 minutes, they closed the pool because of rain and lightning.  Now, I won't complain about the rain because we really need it....

But we needed a Plan B.  Especially with a group of 13 year old girls, you need a Plan B.

We had no Plan B. 
So, we tried some sand volleyball.  Which, after rain, bcomes mud volleyball.  That lasted, like, another 10 minutes.

Well, you can always eat, right?  Yes, so we'll just move the BBQ up and improvise.  Kim worked on her Mac 'n Cheese (best this side of the Mississippi--or anywhere, really, I just wanted to say that...
And I took care of the burgers. 

And the girls dug in.  Another 10 minutes.  
Side note here:  check out these adorable party favors (compliments of Kim).  Yes, we rocked them at the game on Saturday, too.
 Oh, and then, quite possibly the most important moment of the weekend: dessert.  Compliments of Kim. (Yes, trend here.  Always plan a party with Kim.  Guess who'll be planning my wedding?)

So, we came up with a Plan B.  Total hit.  Laser Tag.  
And some video games.  I may or may not have dominated the basketball game and Kim rocked Skeeball.  Yes, this was while the girls were in Laser Tag.  What, did you think we waited patiently outside?  Um, no.  But they had a chance to play too...

Dance Dance...hilarious.

Some more basketball. 
And guitar hero.  I think they liked it. 

So home, for movies, popcorn, ice cream, candy--you know, good protein and carbs for the games, followed by a good night's sleep.  Rrriiiggghhhhttttt. I said I was too old for sleepovers.

But, they were up and ready to go the next morning.
And it must have been all that protein in the ice cream....
And those rad water bottles...
Because we WON all SIX games on Saturday...
(and for those of you paying attention, yes, that is me in the photo, but the driveway IS sloping down--I'm not the absolute shortest girl there). 

No comments:

Post a Comment