Wednesday, June 15, 2011

rain delay

Summer just can't pass without heading to a Rockies Game..so here we find ourselves...at the ballpark. 

I am most excited about the pretzel, hot dog, cracker jacks, shaved ice, cotton candy, and dippin' dots (in no particular order).  Oh yeah, and the baseball game too. 

Fairly sure my favorite part of every baseball game is the 5 second At-Bat song--gets me through, I tell ya (and I even like baseball!)

Carson had the right idea with the shaved ice--let's not waste time--we'll just drink it...

While Evan, naturally, takes the more reserved approach and eats the shaved ice, gracefully, savoring every bite.  He would. 
Kendall really did enjoy herself...
Take special note--Kim on her phone.  She was most likely texting me, sitting directly to her right.  We must carry on a couple of conversations at the same time, plus we gotta cheer for the boys in the pinstripes, so we can't be talkin' the whole time.
Well, I think Kendall enjoyed herself.  We split a churro, so it couldn't have been that bad.  (oh yeah, add churro to the above list).

Kim gets an additional 100 points for the best seats in the house--and under the overhang so that when the rain, and lightning, and thunder, and wind came, we just worked on the bag(s) of sunflower seeds.  Rain delay right at the beginning of the 6th inning.  We waited it out, but ultimately still had to bail early.  You gotta be in shape to last those 9 innings!

AND, yes, a decent, just decent, pic of the two of us.  This doesn't happen...like ever.  So, really, a successful day at the ballpark. 

1 comment:

  1. YES, I have to go to atleast one game every season to get my Rocky Dog and Tornadough!

    And love the pic of you and Kim : )

    ReplyDelete