Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rocky Mountain Showdown

Every year, CU plays CSU at Sports Authority Field.  Every year, I convince some poor ol' fool they should take me to the game.  The first two years, I went with CU fans, and thus own two CU Buffales shirts.  The third year, I thought I was going with CU fans, but when I arrived in my black and gold, I was surprised to see green and gold....everywhere. Yes, I was the only person in the middle of the CSU student section wearing my buffaloes t-shirt.  Awesome.  It doesn't really matter--I didn't attend either school, I'm not going to be a loud-mouth while I'm there, and usually, I'm representing the winning team, so I don't have to put up with much.   

So this year, even though we were sitting in the CU section, and the tickets were purchased by a CU alumni, and my friends' cousin dances for CU, I still managed somehow to show up to the game sandwiched between two CSU fans.  Which made for a totally interesting game, to say the least.


But so much fun.  I'll probably beg them to take me next year.  I might even buy a green shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment