Tuesday, September 6, 2011

whirlwind trip to dallas

My youngest brother, Kyle

Last weekend I went to Dallas--the reason was twofold.  First, and most importantly, my brother Kyle lives there, and I haven't seen him since Christmas, so I was overdue for a visit.  Second, and perhaps the driving reason I made it out there:  yes, another Keith Urban concert. 
Now before you go judging me, Kim and I strategically plan the tour and pick places we know we want to visit and then go to those  concerts.  You'll rarely hear of me taking a trip and a concert not being involved...but I know that's the plan and it's just the way I roll.  So, if you're my friend and you haven't been visited, write the fan club :)

This was a whirlwind trip, to say the least.  Got home from the Colorado State Fair after seeing The Band Perry with a bestie, Emily, well after midnight. Was back up and to the airport by 6am--and even managed to squeeze a quick nap in there somewhere.  Kyle picked me up at the airport at 11am and had to be to work by 4pm.  I would be back to the airport by 9am the next morning...

So, we made the hours count.  We drove straight to In-N-Out, which I had trouble believing I'd ever eat outside of California....
And then, since it was one million (literally) degrees outside, we went to any store which had the AC cranked.  The thing you should know about me, and especially Kyle and me, is that we're wanderers.  Unless we have a plan, we can absolutely waste time like you wouldn't believe.  And when we're together, it's even worse.  So let's just say we know more about ocean kayaks and paddle boards than you do, thanks to an hour in the sports store in Dallas TX.

The next place you'd go when it's burning up outside:  the ice rink.  Of course.  This is where we ended up--sitting and talking in the cool, but let's be honest, laughing the whole time.  Because who can not sit and laugh while watching people ice skate.  We would have a had a much more productive conversation had we not been commentating and announcing the play by play of the skaters, but what fun would that be?  Let's waste time...

About 3, we had to head to meet up with Kim and Tammy.  Kyle was going to drop me off, we'd head to the concert, and he'd go to work.  (for those of you wondering, yes, the invitation for him to join us at the concert was extended to him)

Needless to say, Kyle, that wasn't enough time.  Your turn to visit me!  I miss you dearly...seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment