Monday, October 24, 2011

Please Share The Hot Water

So, after our game at Evergreen on Friday night, we took the girls to a hotel for "a night away".

So fun.  But, at times like these, I'm reminded that I love sleep. And going to bed early.

And that I do not love eating at 11:30pm--especially pizza for that matter. 

And if you give me homemade chocolate chip cookies, I will eat until they're gone. 

So clearly, that's all that happend Friday night.  Moving on...

Saturday, after breakfast, we took the girls to the hot springs in Idaho Springs. 
Clearly, we had to explore the caves. 
Thankfully, they wouldn't let us go in...something about it being a "quiet place"...not sure, couldn't hear.

We didn't last all that long--it was more the thought that counts.  (Please notice the awkward couple in the back.  Couldn't get enough of each other--had to work to get them in my photos)

Although Kurt and Lars could have stayed another hour or two. 

Slightly disappointed in the water temperature.  I was thinking "hot" when in reality it was "lukewarm".  Lukewarm Springs just doesn't have the same ring to it, huh?  And then I saw the sign and it all made sense.  Find the small pipe pumping the "hot" water and stand next to it.  Majority wins.  Nobody else had a group of 15. 
So we called it a day (or an hour) and headed down the street to Tommy Knockers.

And then on home...where I proceeded to sleep for the rest of the day--just like the slumber days of old.  

No comments:

Post a Comment