Wednesday, April 6, 2011

birds of a feather....wait, what?

It's not like this was the most eventful part of the day.  Okay, it probably was, but someone else had to know.  Got to work pretty early this morning, so it's very quiet.  I'm in my office just doin' my thing, and I swear I keep hearing a chirping, but completely ignore it.  What could it possibly be?? Right, nothing.  I'm hearing things.  It's 7am and I'm hearing things.  Awesome.  Clearly I need more jet fuel, I mean coffee. 

I keep hearing it, so I decide to start wandering. It's coming from a consult room down the hall.  Walk in and a bird, yep a bird, is just going crazy.  Chirping and flying and running into the window and chirping and flying...you get the idea.
Without skipping a beat, I grab a pair of gloves (safety and cleanliness, first, folks), and swoop in and grab it.  First try, kinda proud.  I mean, really, the bird is probably 9 days old, according to my calculations.  Then, I'll admit, I'm kinda freaking out, so my proud walk becomes a pretty fast walk, then a darn near sprint in my new high heels, until I reach the front door and free it.  (do you hear the freeing music here?) 

Again, like I said "not the highlight of my day", but worthy of telling the entire planet, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment