Monday, April 4, 2011

George & Reba

I can't honestly say that George Strait and Reba were on my bucket list...I mean, of course they were, but when it came down to shelling out the cash, I held on tight.  But then, all day Friday, my bestie and I are hating our lives because we decided to not purchase. 

The call came at 4pm.  Kickoff to concert season, and I was game.

It's my friend who manages at Pepsi Center and works on the conversion crew.  Apparently after they've set up venues as the tour managers have planned, they can add seats if there's room.  And there was room. 

I called in and gave the Pepsi Center my credit card number, and asked about our seats.  I always like when you know somebody. I never know anybody.  He said "well you're a friend of Jeremy, we'll get you in the front row." Better than I imagined.  We missed Leann Womack (oh darn) and arrived for half of Reba.  We got to see her stand-up comedy routine, which she should take out of the setlist.  She really was great, though. 

Then came King George in all his glory.  He was much shorter than I imagined, but that seems to be the case for all country artists I've seen, except for Chuck Wicks and Blake Shelton. And I'd take either of them.  Or just Chuck, because I'd never mess with Miranda.   


So, he rocked the stage for who knows how long, sang some ballads and I checked another sumpin' sumpin' off that old bucket list.  And I'll be able to tell my grandkids I saw George...and they had better care.  I basically did this for them.  

Summer Concert Series 2011....and GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment