Tuesday, April 12, 2011

my own march madness

This weekend I had the pleasure, honor, whatever you want to call it, to play some full-court, co-ed, use-the-boys-ball basketball.  Let's rename that:  death wish.  It's been 5 years since I've played an organized game, and while I missed it, I haven't for a second missed that feeling of death creeping upon you as you pray you'll hear the whistle.  Lungs burning.  I've determined I just miss the competition.  Nowhere else in life do I get to throw elbows or run full-speed right at someone else. I'll stick to my bike riding or my "light jogging", but this sprinting up and down the court is borderline ridiculous.  I do play a mean game of horse (right Jeremy?) but that's because I'm using a girls ball and I'm totally used to standing half on concrete/half on grass/hovering over a small tree/with sprinklers on--I mean that's basically how we all grew up playing, right?

Um also, there are no photos.  The last thing anyone needs to see is the shade of red my face was the entire day or the mess atop my head we'll call a "pony tail".  So, just imagine this one comes with pictures. It's a much prettier sight.

It was SO much fun though--and all my old friends made it a blast!  We had a great time, and after regrouping at Southside, we decide to put Coy in charge and let him draw up some plays for next year. So, to Brian, Jenny, Coy, Mike, Tye, Nick, Eric, Jesse, Katie, Ashley, and Rachel--let's start getting ready for next year. Mike--thanks for setting it all up and working like a dog to convince us crazies that we should, indeed, play this game.  I loved it.

PS, no we did not win.  We didn't get last place, but we did not come in first.  

No comments:

Post a Comment