Saturday, April 9, 2011

a ride around the resevoir

I had heard you could ride around the Aurora Resevoir and that it was a nice ride, so today I tried it.  I haven't been out on my bike (outside) yet this year, so I got out my mountain bike.  Well, actually, the beast is my brohan's, but since he's, you know, diving in Maui, I figure someone should ride it.  He may or may not know that I'm keeping it in good condition by riding it--gosh, he basically owes me :) 
So, the resevoir is about 2 blocks from where I'm staying, so I head out.  It has an awesome paved trail all the way around.  They've turned it into a really family-friendly place, too.  There's a beach and like 100 grills for summer barbeques--I'll be back. This is the marina--which for whatever reason, I have a hard time associating with Colorado--I hear marina and think east coast, with more water than a small pool, but we'll take whatever we can get.
Hello rocky mountains.  Have I ever told you I love, love, love Colorado? 

It's 8 miles around the resevoir--so not too far, not too short, and yes, 8 bathrooms along the way.  Any bathroom is a friend of mine.

Becuase there were hurricane-force winds at the exact moment I chose to ride, the windsurfers were at least able to enjoy themselves.
Yeah, that picture did not turn out so hot.  Back there, there really is a windsurfer, and no, he's not 12 miles away.  Camera phone.  Just roll with it.  Oh and here's some more water. 

Out to the east--looks like summer right?  Summer, please hurry...
Great day, great ride.  I'll have to go back.  

1 comment: