Wednesday, April 20, 2011

yee-haw

Absolutely one of my favorite days of the year.  Quite possibly my favorite day of the year.

Branding Day.  Oh yeah. 

Not for any particular reason, but I've decided that it's just because of all of the memories it brings back each and every year.  I literally leave the farm planning how I can get back to a life out there. I'd do just about anything to get my entire family together, and even though it's barely that, there's enough to make it count. 

So we meet at Grandpa's farm in Rush, CO--where my Grandpa was born and where he and Grandma homesteaded some 60-some years ago.  I grew up out here, but took it for granted.  Now, I treasure every minute I get with Grandpa and every minute I get on the farm. 


It's changed a lot over the years--it used to be all the "Dad's" out there with Grandpa as the ringleader, but now, Uncle Murt runs the show--and we still do as we're told.  Grandpa is still right in the middle of it, but he takes a few minutes to catch up with us...


Now we bring our friends...

And there's a few more girls in the family now....(and I love that!)

And I love any girl who loves this boy--Jordan.  Jordan and I spent a summer together on wheat harvest.  Some of the best days of my life.  I'd do it all again in a heartbeat...

And it just wouldn't be "Sams" like if those boys didn't goof off just a little...first the rope, then the quad,  then the guns, then...well...I won't go on...

And the next generation is getting to see it all...

Well done, Grandpa, well done.  I love you, Grandpa. 




1 comment:

  1. Love it Annie! Branding days are some of my favorite of the year too! And, the only days of the year that Just wakes up without his alarm clock...he REALLY loves branding days (like even more than Christmas)!

    The picture of you and your Grandpa is priceless.

    ReplyDelete